Share any content or presentation you'd like, provide it with a custom message, and manage its sharing options. This will make sure to impress your customers when viewing the shared materials from the Digital Sales Room
⚠️ If you are using an older version of Showell, prior to Version 10, please refer to the following article: (Pre Version 10) Share your content.
We highly recommend to use Showell's latest version. For more information:
In this article
Gather materials you'd like to share
There are several methods for sharing one or multiple files or presentations. Explore the following options to find the best way that suits your needs:
- Underneath a File/Folder thumbnail (A): Click the 3 dots underneath a file or folder > Click Share
- Collect multiple files (B): Collect Files > Click Share
- By opening a file: Open a file > In the top right corner, click the 3 dots > Share file
- From the 'Shares' menu: From the side menu, click the 'Shares' tab > Click 'Create Share' in the top right. You will now open the Share window, where you can Add files.
- Sharing a Presentation: Click 'Presentations' in the side menu > Click the 3 dots next to a presentation > Share
Customize & share
1. Manage files
- Add more files to your share: Click '+ Add files' > Navigate the 'File Browser' and add more materials.
- Removing files from your share: Click the 'Trashbin'-icon next to the file.
- Organize your files: Select and hold a file and drag it to the right spot. This will determine the file order within the Digital Sales Room.
- Downloading options: Toggle the 'downloadable'-button on/off and choose the files that can be downloaded by the share recipient(s).
- Add Recipients: Recipients you've added will receive an email with the DSR share link.
- Contact Showell Support, if you'd like to have this feature (de)activated.
- The 'Recipients'-field makes it more convenient to send your shares straight to your customers, skipping the additional steps to share from a default email app.
- Emails are send from email@example.com and contain your subject, message and share link to the Digital Sales Room.
- With the 'Recipients'-field activated, the option to share straight from your default email app will not be available. However, you can still copy/paste the share link/URL to your email app.
- Subject: Add a topic for your share
- Message: Write a personalized message to the share receiver
- Use Previous message: Quickly add previously written messages by clicking the 'Use previous message'-button. These messages act as templates.
3. Set your preferences
- Set PIN code: Set a pin if the files you are sharing are confidential and you'd like to add an extra layer of security. You can provide the recipient with the PIN via any communication channel of your choice.
- Set Expiration date: Choose the date you would like this share to expire. By default this is set to 6 months. You can keep this disabled if you don't want this share to expire.
- Ask for email: If you ask for a recipients email, you will receive notifications on share tracking activity. You will also find out who has been viewing your shared material.
- Brand: If your Workspace has the Digital Sales Room Branding feature enabled, you have the option to select from various brands for your Digital Sales Room. This will customize the logo, color, and icon in your Share link.
- Owner: Set the owner of the Share. If you want someone else in your Workspace to take over managing the share, you are able to change its ownership.
- Preview: Now that you've selected and organized all materials you'd like to share, you are able to see a preview, how it will look for the recipient(s), in the Digital Sales Room
- Copy link: This will Copy the Share link, that leads to the Digital Sales Room, to your clipboard. You can paste this to your email, social media, SMS or other communication channels.
- Share (without Recipients-field): This will open your default email App and compose a new email with your subject, message and share link to the Digital Sales Room. Simply add the recipients email address(es) and hit the send button.
- Share/Save (With Recipients-field): This will automatically send an email to the recipients: including your subject, message and share link to the Digital Sales Room.
- If You haven't added any recipients: This will save the share. You can access/edit the share at any time from 'My Shares'.
Select and share your content
1. Open Showell Admin
2. Select the folders and/or files you would like to share by checking the ✔️-mark in the top right corner of the file/folder. Make sure all files and/or folders are shareable.
3. A taskbar will pop-up at the bottom > Click Share
4. The Share window will open:
- Recipients: Write the email address(es) of the recipient(s). Note that your own email is always automatically added to this, so you can also receive a copy of the share.
- Subject: Write the subject of the share you are creating
- Message: Add a message to personalize the share.
- This share expires in: Choose when the share expires
- Preview: Have a look how the sent email will look like (click Preview again to exit the preview example)
- Show share link: You can easily copy the share link from here and share this in a communication channel of choice OR use the link to see how the share looks like in the Digital Sales Room before sending out the share.
- Click Share: The share will be sent from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Can I edit or manage my shares, after I've sent them?
Definitely, You can do so from the 'Shares' menu.
Where and how do I analyze my Shares?
We offer a comprehensive article that outlines how you can effectively analyze your shared content: My Shares: Analyze your shared content
I've created a bunch of Shares, can I search for them?
Yes, you can use the Search straight from within the 'Shares' menu, or utilize Showell's Advanced Search to search for your Shares by subject, message, and recipients' email addresses. Additionally, you have the option to filter the Shares based on their expiration dates.
Do I get notified when someone opens my Share Link/Digital Sales Room?
You will be notified by email whenever someone visits the Digital Sales Room via the Share Link. If you prefer not to receive these notifications, you can click here for more information on how to disable this option.
Is there a limit to the 'Use previous message' in the share modal?
Yes, the last 50 shares will be displayed.
Can I share my contents in their original file type?
Can I share multiple Presentations I made in Showell?
Certainly! Go to the 'Presentations' area and click the '3 dots' > 'Share' next to any presentation. With the Share window open, click '+ Add files'. The File Browser window will automatically open 'My Files > Presentations'. This is where you can find all the presentations you have created. From here, you can easily select and add the presentations you need to include in your share.
What happens to all my Showell Presentations and Shares when I update a file?
Why am I unable to share folders?
By default you are able to share files, but not folders. Learn more on: how to manage files and folder sharing permissions.
Why am I unable to share content?
There may be multiple reasons why. Go through our check-list to rule out any barriers!
- Share Permissions: Your Showell workspace administrator can set file restrictions and therefore make certain content unable to share. Please contact your Workspace administrator if you have questions regarding this.
- Outdated Showell App: Make sure your app is always up to date, every update comes with new features and fixes
- No default email app: If you are unable to share via email, make sure you have configured an email application on your device. Showell will use the default email application of your device to send out the share.
- No internet connection: If you share without an internet connection, Showell will save the Share as a draft. Once an internet connection is established, you can send the Share from your 'Shares' menu.