Inviting users to your accounts is quick and easy. Perfect for mass-inviting, not just internal, but also external users such as dealers, distributors, and other 3rd party users.
In this article
How to invite users
1. Open Showell Admin
2. In the top menu go to Admin > User Invitations
3. In the top right: select Invite users
4. Create the invite:
- Choose the recipients role:
Member - The receiver(s) of the invite will be added as a user
Admin - The receiver of the invite will be added as Admin. For security reasons, you can only invite 1 admin at a time
- Choose the invitation type:
By email - Enter 1 or multiple email addresses of the user(s) you would like to invite
By domain - Enter a domain name to quickly invite all it's employees (you can also add multiple domains at once). If you select this option, you will be able to limit the amount of users to join with the given domain name (For example: companydomain.com)
Open - Create an open invitation link for anyone who you grant access to that link
- Write a personalized message to accompany your invite
- Join users to groups - users can be added to one or multiple groups right away
- Choose a date when the invite expires
- Choose if you'd like to receive a notification when a user has accepted the invitation
- Choose if you'd like to include 'Custom terms of service'
- Ask the recipient(s) to provide their Company, Country and/or Phone number when accepting the invite
- Click Done to send out your invitation
How to manage your invitations
Once you have sent the invitation(s), you will be able to see them on the user invitation page.
From here you can quickly Resend the invitation or Copy the link (This is the same link the user received in their email invite)
When opening an invitation, you can:
- Adjust the message, the group names you'd like to add the users to, the expire date and if you'd like to receive a notification. Tip: Don't forget to click 'Save changes' once you've made adjustments
- Find all the invitation's information, including who has or hasn't accepted the invite
What an invitation looks like
Once you have send the invite, the user will receive the invitation in their email.
The email is send from email@example.com and will have your company logo and colors, your personalized message, email address and the 'Join now'-button. In rare cases it can happen that the invited person does not see the invite: please let them check their spam/trash folder.
After the user clicked the 'Join now'-Button, they will be redirected to the showell signup webpage.
The Showell Signup webpage is once again branded with your company logo and colors and personalized message. Depending on your chosen options, the receiver will be prompted to provide Company, Country and/or Phone number and accept your company's Terms and Conditions.
Add Custom Terms of Service (TOS) to your invitation
You are able to provide a custom Terms of Service (TOS) URL/link in your Account Settings. Once you have done so, the toggle to add the TOS will be available while creating or editing the invitation.
The invitee will then have to tick a checkbox in the invitation ("I agree to Company's Terms and Conditions") in order to join the account.
1. Open Showell Admin
2. Select your username in the top right of the top menu > Account settings
3. Add your Custom Terms Of Service URL/link in the provided field
4. Click: Save changes
5. You can now include the TOS in your invitations
How do I enable the 'Open' invitation type?
Open invitation is a free Showell Add-on that is OFF by default. Contact Support to enable this feature. Be cautious when using an open invitation, as anyone with the link can join the Showell account. We recommend to only use this within internal communication channels of your company.
Can I delete an invite?
Yes, Select the invitation by checking the checkbox on the left side of the invite, and click Delete on the taskbar that will pop-up at the bottom of the page. Once a user invitation is deleted, the link becomes invalid. If the recipients still open the link, they will receive a message asking to contact the sender.
Can a user, who already has a Showell Account, be invited?
Yes, these users will receive the same email invitation and will be able to sign on with their own, already existing, user credentials from the Showell signup page.
Can I add/create a user, without inviting them?
Yes, you are able to create users and their credentials yourself. Learn more on how to create users.
Why is an invited user not able to join?
Every user takes up a license, check if you have enough licenses available on your account.
Why can't I see the toggle for 'Custom Terms of Service'?
This option will be available if you've added a 'Terms of Service'-URL for this within your Account Settings.