Inviting users to your account is very straightforward. You can choose to invite one or multiple new users at the same time.
☝️Inviting users to your accounts is quick and easy. Perfect for mass-inviting, not just internal, but also external users such as dealers, distributors, and other 3rd party users. Safely control who, and how many people can join and from which domains.
- You can invite one or multiple users by their email address.
➡️ No need to create the user
- If you are part of a company with your own domain name: you can choose to invite everyone (or selected amount) by providing only the domain name.
- Write a customized invitation message
- Automatically add the invited user(s) to selected group(s)
- Receive a notification once an invitation is accepted
- When a user has accepted the invite they receive in their email inbox, they will be automatically added to the Showell account.
💡Find out ...
- How to invite a user
- How to manage your invitation (check, edit, resend, remove)
- How an invitation looks like
- Learn more on: How to add and manage users
Every user takes up a license. Make sure you have enough licenses available.
How to invite a user
- Go to Showell Admin
- In the top menu go to Admin > User Invitations
- Select ➕Invite users
- Choose the recipients role:
- Choose the invitation type:
- By email: Enter 1 or multiple email addresses of the user(s) you would like to invite
- By domain: Enter your, or your dealers company's domain name to quickly invite all it's employees (you can also add multiple domains at once)
➡️If you select this option, you will be able to limit the amount of users to join with the given domain name.
For example: max 25 users with domain: companyname.com
- Open: Create an open invitation link for anyone who you grant access to that link
- ⚠️ Be cautious when using an open invitation, Anyone with the link can join the Showell account. We recommend to only use this within internal communication channels of your company.
- ✖️ Open invitation is a free Showell Add-on (OFF by default).
- If you have chosen to invite by email: write down the email address(es) of the user(s) you would like to invite.
A green color will indicate that the email structure 'email@example.com' is correct.
- If you have chosen to invite by domain: write down the domain name(s), of your or your dealers companies, you would like to invite.
A green color will indicate that the structure 'company.domain' is correct.
- Write a personalized message to accompany your invite
- Quickly add the invited users to one or multiple groups
- Choose a date when the invite expires
- Choose if you'd like to receive a notification when a user has accepted the invitation
- Click Done to send out your invitation!
How to manage your invitations
Once you have sent the invitation(s), you will be able to see them on the user invitation page.
From here you can quickly Resend the invitation or Copy the link (This is the same link the user received in the email invite)
What are the options when clicking the Invitation?
- You can adjust the message, the group names you'd like to add the users to, the expire date and if you'd like to receive a notification.
- You can find all the invitation's information, including who has or hasn't accepted the invite
How to delete an invite?
- You can select the invitation by checking the checkbox on the left side of the invite (on the user invitation page) and click Delete on the taskbar that will pop-up at the bottom of the page.
➡️Once a user invitation is deleted, the link becomes invalid. If the recipients still open the link, they will receive a message asking to contact the sender.
How an invitation looks like
Once you have send the invite, the user will receive the invitation in their email.
This email will have your company logo and colors, your personalized message, your email address and the 'Join now'-button.
➡️The email is send from firstname.lastname@example.org. In rare cases it can happen that the invited person does not see the invite: please let them check their spam/trash folder.
When the user has clicked the 'Join now'-Button, they will be redirected to the showell signup webpage. This page is once again branded with your company logo and colors and personalized message.
The Showell signup webpage is part of the Showell App for Web.
When the user already has an existing Showell account, they need to make sure that:
- Before clicking the invite link, the user is not signed in to the Showell App for Web on their other account
- After clicking the invite link, they choose: 'Sign in.'
The user will now be able to join the new account by using their already existing credentials and gain access to both accounts.