Creating your content structure is very straightforward. Start by creating your main categories, creating sub-folders and then finish with uploading your materials.
Ready for the next step?
How is content structured within Showell?
In Showell, content is divided into views. Views are your main content categories.
- Within those views, you can organize your content into sub-folders if required.
- Both views and folders can contain your collateral (files, documents, links, ..).
How to organize content
A good starting point is to consider the following:
- What is the basis of dividing your collateral into the main categories (views)?
➡️ For example: Your views could be based on business units, customer segments, product offering, etc.
- Will every user have access to all material or will there be some restrictions?
- What type of material do you have?
- Sales, marketing, training, etc.
- Do you have content in multiple languages?
How to create and organize views
Your views are conveniently placed under the 'Files'-tab
How to create a view
- Select the FILES tab in the top menu
- Select ➕ Create a new view
- Give a name to your view and choose if you would like to have this public or private
- Click Done
How to organize a view
Every time you create a new view, it will be automatically placed to the top of your 'view'-list. If you do not have Showell Themes activated, this will also adjust the lay-out of the home page within your Showell App. If you'd like to change the order, this is how it's done:
- Navigate to the view, that you would like to move
- Go to the view's Settings
- Go to the bottom of the Settings page and find the VIEW ORDER
- Choose the place where you would like to move the view to
- Click ✔️Save changes
How to create and organize folders
How to create a folder
- Navigate to the view or folder where you would like to add a new folder
- Click Add > 📁 New folder
- Choose a name and click Done
- You will be automatically navigated inside the new folder
How to change the order of your folders
- You can simply drag and drop your folders or content to the desired spot