Give your view a professional touch with a themed background image from either your own collection or from Showell's gallery.
How to add a background image
- Select a view and go to it’s Settings page
- You’ll see 2 background images. Portrait and Landscape
- Under the image, there is a drop-down menu where you’ll find options to:
- Upload from your computer
- Select from gallery: Showell offers some basic backgrounds to choose from. However, you can add your own background images within the Application resources.
- Remove Image
- After selecting the images click ✔️Save changes
- Your, or the account users, device display size and aspect ratio can greatly affect how the background is displayed.
👉 Therefore we recommend the following settings:
- PNG or JPG file type
- The long side of the background image should have a minimum of 2048 pixels
- Keep your subject central. Depending on the device used, the background image sides might get cropped. For example:
- iPad = 4:3 ratio (2048 x 1536 pixels)
- Laptops / Monitors = The aspect ratio can vary greatly depending on the Showell window size, decided by the user
- Phones = Vary between 16:9 and 20:9 ratio (2048 x 1152/922 pixels)
- Changing the background of a view automatically changes the background of all it's sub folders. (Views are your main content categories)
- If a background is not set for your view, it will automatically display your home page background.