Showell themes are ready-made home screen templates that are mobile-responsive. You can brand your home screen by customizing the different elements with your brand colors, images, videos, logos, and fonts.
How to customize your home screen:
- Click on Files and go to Main Page
- Click on Theme and select a template
- Upload / select a background image
- Upload / select your logo
- Add a title/slogan to your home screen if you want to
- Select the views (your content categories) to be linked to the home screen
- Upload / select thumbnails for the views
- Go to the app and hit refresh to see what your new home screen looks like
Best Practises, Tips & Tricks
Background: You can use static images or videos in the background. To get the best user experience with a video background, it is recommended to use calm videos with not too much movement.
Thumbnails: Your thumbnails can be any shape and color, transparent or solid. They can include images or icons that make it easier to find the relevant content.
Application resources: You can create a background and a thumbnail gallery by uploading your images/videos to the corresponding folders under application resources. More information here: Application resources
Fonts: You can add your company fonts to be used on your home screen as well. The font setting affects only the home screen. To do this, you need to:
- Create a folder called "fonts" (lowercase) on Application resources
- Add the font(s) to the folder
- Configure your font settings by uploading a config.json with your font information to Application resources:
"boldFamily": "Arial Black"
If you need help with designing your home screen, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or the Customer Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org