Files and folders can be given a language tag. Folders can be provided with multiple translations. All of this will improve the navigation for your users within the Showell App.
💡Note: 'Language filtering/folder translations' is a premium language feature package.
You are not limited to the current implemented languages. Depending on your company needs, any language of your choice can be added to Showell!
You can also add a default language of choice to your account.
How to add language tags to folders and files
- Navigate to the file or folder you would like to provide a language tag
- Go to the file or folder settings
- Choose the correct language under 'Document languages'
- Click: Save changes
If you would like to know how it looks like in the Showell App: Language filtering in Showell App
How to translate folders
- Go to the top menu bar
- Click ADMIN -> Translations
- If you are not able to see a table yet, click ➕Generate new translations table
- Add the translations to the desired folders
- Click ✔️Save changes
What is the default language?
The default language refers to the language of your Showell's content. You are able to create folders and upload content in any language of choice.
In the Showell App, the user interface language is an additional default language.
- This will help to translate folders, so that all your content, as how it's original language is, will be now under the 'default' column.
- When using the language filter option, the user can choose 'Default' and see the content in the accounts default language.
- If a user has a different language for their user interface within Showell App, they will have 2 languages as default. So if a user filters the content by language, they will see their content in the account default language + their chosen user interface language.
Create a language friendly environment within the Showell App!
- When a user changes the user interface language of the Showell App, all folder titles will automatically be converted to the chosen language as well, if the translations have been applied to in Showell Admin.
- Adding these translations does not affect the folders in Showell Admin.
This is how it looks like within the Showell App:
User interface and content language options:
- If your folder translation is not included in the standard languages, You can still choose the folder translation from the language preferences list within the Showell App. However, the user interface will remain in English.
- Standard languages that you did not choose for your folder translations will still be accessible. Choosing one of these standard languages will change the user interface. However, the content will remain in the default language. you will be able to see this in the Showell App language preferences list as 'Content: Default language'.