Sometimes it is useful to have the opportunity to make minor adjustments to your sales presentations. From the Showell app you can open MS Office files with your MS applications, make changes to the document and save the updated version to Showell.
💡The MS Office editor is great for sales reps who need to make quick changes to their presentations on the road or in between meetings.
Using the Showell App, discover how to:
- You will need an active MS Office Account on your device to be able to edit MS Office documents in Showell App. This option works with PowerPoint, Excel and Word!
- The 'Edit as new'-button is a premium feature.
If you'd like us to activate this feature:
- Please contact your Showell contact person
- Or contact Showell Support
- This feature is only available with the Windows App.
How to manage MS Office documents
As soon as the MS Office Editor is activated on your account, you will find extra options under each MS Office document.
- The 'Open in'-button: This will simply open the document with the corresponding MS office application. Any edits or changes will not be autosaved to Showell. (However it is possible to save the edited document to your device.)
- The 'Edit as new'-button: This option will open the document with the corresponding MS office application. Any edits or changes will be saved to your Showell's 'My Files'.
- The 'Edit'-button: This option is only available within your My Files folder. This option will open the document with the corresponding MS office application. Any edits or changes will overwrite the document within your My Files folder. The analytics of this document will remain the same before and after the Edit.
How to edit MS office documents
Find the document you wish to edit
Open the drop-down menu by clicking the 3 dots next to the document name
- Select 'Edit as new'
- If this is the first time you use this feature, it will ask you to choose which app you want to open your document with.
- Make your changes
- Click the Save button within the MS Office application
- Make sure you press Save before closing.
- If you change the 'document's save location' within the MS Office application, this will not save the document to the Showell App.
- If you close the MS Office application first, and then choose save from the pop-up window, this will not save the document to the Showell App.
- Open your Showell App again
- Then at the bottom within Showell you will see a notification ribbon, asking you to save the edited document as well
- Click 'Save to'
- You will be prompted to choose the desired location you would like to save the edited file to within your 'My files'
- The edited document will be saved to your desired location within your 'My Files' folder.
- The 'Edit as new' and 'Open in' options are only available if the document is made shareable in Showell Admin. You can see if this option is activated by the 'share'-icon. (marked in green on the image below).
- To know what document type you are working with, you can find the document file type underneath the file name.
- PPT and PPTX documents will open with MS Office PowerPoint
- DOC and DOCX documents will open with MS Office Word
- XLS and XLSX documents will open with MS Office Excel