It's possible to connect your Google Drive with Showell and sync your selected content!
➡️Google Drive integration is a premium feature.
If you'd like us to activate this feature:
- Please contact your Showell contact person
- Or contact Showell Support
🚨 Click here if you are experiencing issues with (re)connecting your Google Drive.
💡Before you get started
- Create a separate user in your Google Drive
A personal account can be used, but it is better to create a unique user for the integration because if the integration needs to be disabled it can be done easily by just removing the integration user and with this, it also avoids cases where the user's personal files are moved to the Showell by accidentally
- This is used for managing the Showell integration.
- These account credentials can be given to all those in your team to manage the integration.
- The name of the user account can be for example: 'Company name_Admin'.
- Add read privileges to the this newly created user.
- This ensures that this user isn't able to modify the content and will only act as a bridge between Google Drive and Showell.
- Set up a Shared Drive with the right settings
- Make sure the 'Share with people settings' are setup correctly.
- Editors should be able to change permissions and share
- Viewers and commenters should be able to see the option to download, print and copy. If this is unchecked, the files will not be synced to the Showell account.
Note: If it's not possible to limit the user's read privileges in Google Drive, Showell can make these limitations on our end. Please contact Showell Support with your request and we will help you further
How to authorize the connection between Google Drive and Showell
- Go to Showell Admin
- From the top menu, select: Admin > Google Drive
- Begin authorization by selecting “Authorize by signing in to Google Drive”
- Login with your newly created Google Drive user’s credentials
Start linking your content
After a successful MS login, you can start linking Google Drive to Showell.
- When connecting your first folder, you can click '➕Connect first folder'
- When connecting a folder later on, click '➕Connect folder' in the top right corner
- A pop-up screen will appear to connect your Google Drive folder to Showell
- Left panel: Choose the Google Drive folder you want to connect
- Right panel: Choose the target destination for this folder in your Showell directory
By clicking the 'Drop-down menu'-button located on the right side of your connected folder, you are able to:
- Remove the connection
- Disable the connection (the folder is still connected but will not synchronize.)
- Fetch new or changed files; this will immediately synchronize the folder content.
Note: the Google Drive integration is automatically synced every hour.
Troubleshooting Google Drive connection issue
If a connection between Showell and Google Drive has been established before or the connection has accidentally been deleted, and you wish to reconnect, this is how it's done:
- Open your Google Drive account
- Go to Settings > Manage Apps
- Search for 'Showell GDrive Connector'
- Click Options > Disconnect from Drive
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, click Disconnect to confirm
- Follow the same steps, as explained above, to authorize the connection between Google Drive and Showell again