Use the Content Analytics to identify which materials are most useful for your organization and which are used less often.
- In the top right corner of every analytics page you can choose the exact time period OR click the 3 lines to quickly select the right time frame for your analytics.
- Use the download button, available in most analytic sections, to get the information straight to your device in Excel (XLSX) file format.
- Use the magnifying glass, available in most analytic sections, to quickly find the information you need.
- Documents marked with Private are part of the user's My Files.
- Most of the column titles are clickable. This will sort the column's content alphabetically or numbers from high to low (click again to reverse the order).
User pseudonymization is an optional feature that keeps the user anonymous. However, you can still track all the activity. Certain countries privacy laws apply restrictions upon tracking user activity. Therefor we made it possible to apply pseudonymization for the account users. If you'd like to activate this option: please contact your Showell contact person or Showell Support.
⚠️If this optional feature is activated: Analytics that become Unavailable due to User Pseudonymization will be marked in this article with (UUP)
It takes 2 to 4 hours before the analytics data is available.
💡Benefits of Content analytics:
- You can quickly learn everything there is to know about your content, how it's used by your account users and the recipients who have received it in a share.
- If you notice content is not frequently used, you can sent out a reminder to your users about it, or find out if the content itself could be improved.
- With page views of each individual document, figure out what your users and prospects like to see and fine tine your materials based on this.
With content analytics, you will find the following sections:
- Document interactions
- Filter results by folder
- Filter results by user (UUP)
- Views per document type
- Search terms
Discover in-depth how your content is being used by your users and customers
- Name: A list of all the document names
- Type: Find out the file type, such as images, PDF's, videos, ....
- Views: Discover what document is watched the most
- Click the eye-icon in the 'Page views' column to see what page of a multi-page document is most interesting to watch
- Total duration: Find out the total time duration each document has been watched
- Average duration: Find out the average amount of time each document has been watched
- Shares: Amount of times the document has been shared
- Share views: Amount of times a recipient has viewed the shared document
- Share downloads: Learn how many customers have downloaded the share
💡Click the name of an individual document to discover all it's analytics:
- Document usage: Find out who has being using the document, how many times, for how long and the amount of shares (UUP)
- Filter result by user: Use this option to quickly pinpoint a user (UUP)
- Document usage on shares: If the file has been shared, you can learn what customers have opened the shared file and how long they checked the file (UUP)
- Document page views: See each individual page of a multi-page document and how many times it has been viewed
Filter results by folder
Use this option to quickly find the content that belongs to one individual folder.
- Click 'Browse folder'
- Navigate to the folder you would like to discover it's analytics and click 'OK'
- You will now only see the content of the folder in your 'Document interactions'
- If you'd like to remove the folder, simply press the X next to the folder name
Filter results by user (UUP)
Use this option to quickly find what content has been used by an individual user or group
Type the user or group name and select the right user from the drop-down list
You will now only see the content the user or group has been using, in your 'Document interactions'
If you'd like to remove the user or group, simply press the X next to the name
Views per document type
See what document types are most used and interesting for your users.
- Hover the different sections of the donut chart to see the view amounts.
- Click the document types underneath the donut chart to exclude/add them.
Find out what search terms are used by your users. This will help you to figure out what documents are often needed or hard to find.