SSO is a convenient authentication service that allows users to access multiple applications with just one set of login credentials. With SSO, there's no need to log in again every time you open a new application.
SSO with Showell
SSO, also known as Single Sign-On, is a convenient authentication service that allows users to access multiple applications with just one set of login credentials. With SSO, you can say goodbye to the hassle of remembering and managing multiple usernames and passwords. Once you log in to one application, you are automatically logged in to others without the need to re-enter your credentials. By eliminating the need for repetitive logins, you save time and effort, especially when you frequently switch between different applications throughout your workday.
If your company already has SSO set up, or if you're considering implementing it, Showell has you covered. Once you have SSO configured on your side, our team of experts will ensure a seamless integration with Showell, allowing you and your users to effortlessly log in using your personal company credentials.
Benefits of using SSO:
- It enables users to remember and manage fewer passwords and usernames for each applications
- It streamlines the process of signing on and using applications, no need to re-enter passwords
- It lessens the chance on phishing
- It leads to fewer complaints or trouble about passwords for IT help desks
Disadvantages of SSO:
- Setting up SSO requires sufficient IT skills, therefore we only recommend to set this up if your company has dedicated IT personnel.
- It does not address certain levels of security each application sign-on may need
- If availability is lost, then users are locked out of multiple systems connected to the SSO
- If unauthorized users gain access, they could gain access to more then one application
How do I enable SSO with my Showell Workspace?
an SSO-connection is provided as a Showell Service. If you'd like to know more:
Do you provide alternative, secure login methods?
You and your users have the option to enhance the security of your Showell login by enabling Multifactor Authentication (MFA). MFA adds an extra layer of protection by requiring users to provide additional verification factors, such as a code sent to their mobile device. It's important to note that you cannot set up Showell's MFA in conjunction with SSO.