It's possible to connect your Dropbox with Showell and sync your selected content!
➕ If you'd like to know more about Showell's Dropbox integration:
🚨 Click here if you are experiencing issues with (re)connecting your Dropbox.
💡Before you get started
- Create a separate user in your Dropbox
A personal account can be used, but it is better to create a unique user for the integration because if the integration needs to be disabled it can be done easily by just removing the integration user and with this, it also avoids cases where the user's personal files are moved to the Showell by accidentally
- This is used for managing the Showell integration.
- These account credentials can be given to all those in your team to manage the integration.
- The name of the user account can be for example: 'Company name_Admin'.
How to authorize the connection between Dropbox and Showell
- Go to Showell Admin
- From the top menu, select: Admin > Dropbox
- Begin authorization by selecting “Authorize by signing in to Dropbox”
- Login with your newly created Dropbox user’s credentials
💡 Note that once you are logged in, Dropbox asks you if "you trust this developer". This warning is shown because the integration is not listed in the Dropbox App Center.
- Click Continue > Allow
Start linking your content
After a successful login, you can start linking Dropbox folders to Showell.
- When connecting your first folder, you can click '➕Connect first folder'
- When connecting a folder later on, click '➕Connect folder' in the top right corner
- A pop-up screen will appear to connect your Dropbox folder to Showell
- Left panel: Choose the Dropbox folder you want to connect
- Right panel: Choose the target destination for this folder in your Showell directory
By clicking the 'Drop-down menu'-button located on the right side of your connected folder, you are able to:
- Remove the connection
- Disable the connection (the folder is still connected but will not synchronize.)
- Fetch new or changed files; this will immediately synchronize the folder content.
Note: the Dropbox integration is automatically synced every hour.
Troubleshooting Dropbox connection issue
If a connection between Showell and Dropbox has been established before or the connection has accidentally been deleted, and you wish to reconnect, this is how it's done:
- Open your Dropbox account
- Go to Account > Settings > Connected Apps
- Search for 'Showell Cloud'
- Click Disconnect
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, click Disconnect to confirm
- Follow the same steps, as explained above, to authorize the connection between Dropbox and Showell again