you can download/save files from Showell and store them straight to your device.
How to Save content to your device
Using the Showell App (Windows, iOS) this option is: Save to Device
Using the Showell App for Web (Browser), this option is: Download
1. Open the Showell app and browse to the desired file you would like to save to your device
2. Open the option menu
- Press the 3 dots underneath the file to bring up the option menu
- OR Open the file, press the 3 dots (Tools) in the top right corner
3. press 'Save to Device' (or 'Download' when using Showell App for Web)
- If a file was converted, you will be able to get the file in its original or converted form
4. Choose the location you would like to save the file on your device and press 'Select Folder'
5. The file will now be downloaded/saved to your device.
Do I have to download files from Showell to my device in order to use them?
No, it is not necessary to download files from Showell to your device.
When using the native Showell Apps (Windows, iOS, or Android), the files are automatically downloaded and accessible offline within the Showell App. This means you can access your files even without an internet connection.
As an Admin, can I protect sensitive materials from being downloaded by the users?
If you have sensitive materials, that you only want to be accessible using the Showell app (unable to be downloaded/saved to device) by your users, you can turn off the file sharing permissions.
As an Admin, can I block a user from downloading content in its original file format?
By default, a user can download content in its original file format. For example: A PPTX file can be downloaded as a PPTX and converted PDF file format.
Contact Support if you'd like to turn this feature OFF: So the user will then only be able to download the converted PDF.
Why don't I see the 'Save to device' option on my Android device?
Unfortunately, The 'save to device'-feature is not available with the Android App.