Compress, convert and edit videos for a smoother and easier video experience in Showell
Insert your video to Handbrake
- Select the Open Source tab to add a video or just drag and drop and video anywhere into the window
Use "MP4" format
- Using MP4 File will ensure that the video will work on all devices (.mov does not work on android devices)
- The boxes ticked below Format will help the video to run smoother e.g. fixing missing frames & immediate playback
Set the storage size
- Showell will automatically reduce the size of a video - however the best size for a video is 800x600
Set the Framerate
- Use 30 frames per second if you don't have so much movement in your video
- Use 60 frames per second if you have lots of movement e.g. people walking/running
OR use "Presets" for pre-made video settings
- Presets are pre-made video settings made for certain devices or situations
- A common preset that works well for most videos is under General called Fast 1080p30
Choose where the encoded file will go...
- Select the Browse tab to choose where your encoded file will go
- Select the Start tab to begin the encoding process
- If you've recorded from e.g. a tablet (different aspect ratio like 4:3) the video might have black areas around the video if it's exported with the typical 16:9.
- Under Dimensions tab, in the Cropping section you can see that HandBrake automatically removes these black areas. If you want to keep the black boxes, just reset the numbers to 0.